Monday, 11 June 2007

Going Grey


Well most folk fail at fostering Greyhounds, they fall in love with their foster dogs and keep them. I decided to stop fostering due to having too much on my plate and not being well. Well I failed a bit at that......we fostered "Shonny " for a few days a little Black & white female who was really sweet but had obviously not heard that Grey's are meant to be laid back.

She thinks she is a staffy and her tails wags constantly and she pulls on the lead , but is very affectionate and full on, wants to play and run all day. Karma had her "The youth of today" look on her face but actually was sad when we said goodbye to Shonny.

Tonite "Bobby" arrived, he is a dog from NSW that is the same age as Karma and a very mellow fellow. I am fostering him with a view to adopting him if he likes us and all the beasts of the house agree. He is a bit thin and exhausted and needs some TLC. The next few days will tell how he is doing. Karma was very excited and wanted to play but Bobby was too tired and a bit grumpy so he ignored her and went to bed. We won't push him, let him settle and come out of his shell at his own pace. He has a eye problem known as "Pannus" and I suspect he may have lost a fair amount of vision. I will take him to work tomorrow and let the Vet give him a once over to check he is ok and get him meds for his eyes.

Greyhounds form a big part of my life now, I love going for walks with my dog and having that amazing bond with them, that unconditional love they give you. Will post more when I have more to tell.

Si

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he has no idea how much spoiling is ahead. you have SUCKER on your head. i don't see it, but Tamale does. she's so onto you. Bobby will be wonderful. i bet once he knows where things are, he'll be all over his Karma.