Wednesday, 06 June 2007

Humour is all you really need



Humour , I have discovered, is all you really need in life. Humour turns sad to happy, anger to laughter and you can't really dislike someone you having a laugh with.

During the past few years of my "Character Building" people have said to me "How do you cope?"

Well here is how:

What's the option to not coping? Flinging yourself about weeping and wailing does not help at all....you still have to get up, feed the kids, work, clean the house. Crying does not make cancer disappear or death any easier. Sure have a weep but just get up and put the one foot in front of the other.

Next week is a long way away, best not to worry about it today, it might not work the way you are expecting anyhow.

The people you love are important, the friends you have are priceless. When the going gets tough you discover who they really are.

Billy Connelly said" I don't waste my time on idiots, I am too old and I don't have much time left, I am gonna spend it with folk I like". Smile and move on.

Time really does heal all things.

Our family has a fairly macabre sense of humour and that keeps us smiling most of the time. We do also find "Toilet Humour" pretty amusing , so be warned.

Must be honest, I do find a spot of anger helps me too........(Hey I'm not perfect) actually I find that getting furious and having a tantrum is very refreshing.

I always think, "If I got hit by a truck tomorrow, I will have lived a full life, no regrets".

Count your blessings, there are always others who have it waaay worse than you.

Tell people who you care about that you do care about them, sometimes you can live to regret not saying what you felt.

Don't avoid death, illness and difficult situations - they will follow you forever. Grieve ,get angry, get sad and keep going forward.

Nobody said it was going to be easy.................

Remember to say "Thank you".

A glass of wine can also help............

Si :-)

PS Thank you to Gary Larson for the jokes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love gary larson's far side. i was so bummed that he and the calvin & hobbes guy quit.

sigh.

humour is best.

Anonymous said...

mmmm... does that make me the butt of the jokes :D ..mmmm