Sunday, 21 October 2007

Go the Bokke! Good to see South Africa win!

Woke up real early this morning and watched the boys take the cup.........its a good feeling! D is walking around with a silly grin on his face. Our second world cup win...now for 2011 in New Zealand, I think the All Blacks will be exiled if they don't win that one..............



I am a bit exhausted from my stupid schedule I have allowed myself to get into but hey I am working on simplifying things. Gonna take control of the "Rat Race", slow the bus down... I am gonna take a slow ride. I realise that I am the one to blame for how busy I am...apparently there is a word called NO... I just have to finish this last exam of the year and then I am going to read books like a madwoman and RELAX. I officially change jobs on November 1 and then I am down the road from home.



The family are good, D has passed his 6 month check and all seems clear on the cancer front. He still has eating issues and gets tired very easily but i guess that is to be expected after all he has been through the past few years. I do actually have a diagnosis on my "mystery illness" as well.
No one rang me with the results from the biopsies taken when I had my endoscopy. I took A to see the Doc and happened to mention that I am still battling, and that I know everything is OK but its really sore...........

The doc checked my file and said "Oh actually there is a very good reason you feel the way you do"...turns out I have Bile Reflux and my insides are and I quote "markedly inflamed with the look of caustic burning".......nice huh! I am fairly sure that a combination of stress, exhaustion and allowing myself to get overweight have been huge contributors.........

On a happier note today J and I went on a GREYTWALK



Karma and Shani had a ball, they loved seeing all their greyhound pals and the walk was held in walking distance of home so it was very convenient. Shani was very social and had an absolute ball. Thanks to M for all her hard work organising these walks every month. The turnout today was impressive and the greyhound attracted lots of admiring glances.

I also managed to fit in some study time, got an exam hanging over my head. Its tricky subject and my head is swirling with Fluid Therapy calculations and what all can go wrong...


I will write more soon...just gotta get through the next 2 weeks..........

Ciao for now
Si

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

got caught up. you've been very busy. new birds, old rellies, dogs on drugs, you on coffee.

bad news. omo digs cats. or one. as in lipstick digs.