Sunday, 09 September 2007

Workplace harassment...the cat who abuses me.........




I know that's weird title but it true. I undergo workplace harassment and severe bullying from a cat... Her name is Churchill, she is a large tortoiseshell moggy from "Who knows where". She is the official "Clinic Cat" and resides with full board and lodging in a cage she handpicked as hers. She is somewhere around the 10 year old mark we think, no one really knows. I call her the C.E.O, she sits on the front desk and surveys the comings and goings of clients and their unsuspecting pets.

She loves to tease other animals and truly believes we are all "Churchill Staff". Here is what she does to me on a daily basis. I arrive,check my patients and then begin the morning routine of a quick clean up and mop the floors. Churchill complains about the food she has been given and runs along behind me yowling in protest at what food I have given her. She hops up onto the kitchen counter and has a long drink out of "Fred's" home...Fred is the Red Siamese Fighting Fish who lives in what Churchill believes is her water bowl.


Next step is to scream to go outside, I duly open the door...she rushes out and then as soon as I close the door...she screams to come back in...about 100 times a day. As if that is not enough she then selects a freshly cleaned "Secret Spot" to leave me a present for the day. Sometimes it is a kitty poo hidden behind the x-ray machine and only discovered once the smell has become so bad we are all searching for it....sometimes it is a lovely puddle of "Puddy Tat" pee on the freshly swabbed floors...

That business taken care of, she then jumps up and sits like a sentry on the reception desk to keep an eye on proceedings. Sometimes she is nice and allows the clients to pat her, other times she will swat them indignantly if they even reach out. We probably should have a "Beware of the Cat" sign displayed..... If I open the "Greenies Cat Treats" bag, she goes to pieces and rubs herself all over me purring loudly...I open the packet and have 2-3 Greenies in my hand....quick as a flash she grabs my hand with her claws and gobbles up the Greenies , purring madly. Then its time for nap...crawl in behind the computer monitor, disconnect the Credit card machine, switch the computer off...no trouble to Churchie......we are staff after all.......her staff!



Had a nice weekend, went to a 21st on Saturday night....I am exactly twice her age....AAArrrgh? Sunday we went down to watch the Formula 1 powerboat racing, pretty awesome machines to watch I must say. Karma and Shani needed a run so we went up to the field, it was pretty wet and the two of them ran until they were soaking wet and black with mud. D took one look and said...NO WAY are they getting the car like that so we had to walk home....

Other than that not too much to tell....Oh actually this morning I noticed the Cockatiels using the nesting box and doing funny "Flappy" things with their wings....maybe we gonna get baby birdies soon.....

Ciao for now
Si

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that doesn't sound like harassment. it sounds like you have another teenager to deal with. or maybe an old wife from a well-to-do family.

who said that cats were just little old women in cheap fur coats?