Sunday, 30 September 2007

Having fun in Sunny QLD......





I have not been blogging much as my niece is visiting from South Africa. We are having soooo much fun. In fact we spend most day laughing until it hurts. Its very special to have some "family" visit and for J & A to get to know their cousins.


Its so good to spend time talking and sharing our new life with her so she can report back to the SA family how we are. My niece "P" is enjoying "Sunny Queensland", she is a beach babe and is soaking up the weather with glee, have had to warn her a few times about the sun and its burning capacity here!

Today we went on a tour around the Glasshouse Mountains and up to Maleny...it is so beautiful up that way.


Best of all she helped me re-pack my garage...a mammoth task. In fact its so organised that it is possible to actually park a car in there! She has been converted to a "Greyhound Lover" and even shares her bed with the dogs.....


My animal count has returned to normal i.e "Too Many"

*** Newsflash****

Very sad news, our little girl birdie had laid 5 eggs and she and daddy bird were taking turns sitting on the eggs....then tragedy struck. I went out to feed them and notice Mommy bird looking very unwell, she had become egg bound. I did everything I could but sadly she died. Daddy bird is still sitting on the eggs.........I am not sure what happens now but will give him a chance and see if he can do this alone.

I will write more very soon...P
leaves on Monday and then I am back to normal whatever that is.

Ciao
Si

2 comments:

Helgar's owner said...

hello my aunt..... from the other room in the newly cleaned and over vacuumed house

Anonymous said...

what does egg bound mean?

poor daddy bird. will the other birds come around with worm casseroles?