Thursday, 16 August 2007

Flu anyone? No thanks I already had it ...TWICE!!



Yep, got all ready to finally do my bit for Greyhound Adoption , said I would bring my greys and help out on the Promotional stand at the "Ekka" (Queensland's Big Show). But Alas I have been struck down with a repeat bout of the "Killer Flu". Obviously my immune system is not functioning on "All Cylinders" and so any little thing that wafts by seems to attack me.

I was disappointed because I was looking forward to seeing what its all about, as I had never been to the Ekka before. Oh well...there is always next year! With most of Queensland in a bit of panic about the severity of the Flu, it is considered very "No No" to go to public places and cough all over people.

The dogs were miserable because they did not get "walkies" today...I am too sick and J would have taken them BUT she had her first day at a TRIAL JOB. She loved it, assisting in a Deli/Coffee Shop. Very excited about her potential job. We think it went OK, she has been asked back to fill in all the necessary forms and such....

Little Miss A gave up swimming much to my dismay but I just could not fight it another day. We have been looking for a replacement sport but she is not much interested in any... However today we joined her to Auskick for the next month to learn how to play Touch Footy (Aussie Rules). This should be interesting...




Other good news is the assignment is done, finito, ended.....YAY. Now the next one is due in a month and its a big sucker.... I am afraid...very afraid!

Seeya
Si

2 comments:

IHateToast said...

they handed out wipies for the hands at teh ekka. didn't stop people from coughing without covering their mouths. it just let them wipe their hands after. pointless.

glad you're better. i have two assignments now. after we're done, let's celebrate.

thebellagreyhound said...

All the greys are sad that they did not get some south Afreican lurve from you : )
Instead that got some good old fashioned lurve from the USA in the form of Kimmie and Katy. I have them Brooke love....and treats...