Saturday, 07 July 2007

How life has a laugh at our expense........




I am an animal person..... D is a cat person, J is an animal person and A is a cat person. D has become a "Grey Lover" but still not too keen on dawgs that jump up, lick and bark. Pretty much anything goes with me. When I met D many moons ago and decided he was the one.....I was living on a Race Horse Stud Farm (just to clarify for Needlenose Toast Hater).

We had a small problem D is very very allergic to horses. In our young passionate luurve he would be waiting for me to come home from work...... a kiss & a hug later he would be sneezing, eyes swollen and streaming, nose dripping and best of all large red welts would appear all over his body. Now as you can imagine that could be a passion killer. Several large doses of antihistimines later he could breathe but had fallen asleep. We lived on the farm for 2 years..........he became an antihistamine junkie. I would come home , say "Hi" give him a wide berth, go shower the Equine Allergens from my nubile young body and then we could greet.........

In fact life loves having a good laugh, why of all the men in the world did I, a horse mad person , fall in luurve with someone who is dreadfully allergic to horses? Just to make it funnier, we have very little in common. In fact the only things we have in common is that neither of us eat mustard and we are married. Something must work though we have been together 20 years. Actually we do like the same music........ that has helped.

He has been very supportive of my horse habit and has spent many days and hours bored out his mind watching me ride. Both J & A also ride. J has ridden for years but A sort of decided it was a bit too dangerous and gave up. I have broken most bones in my body, been dragged, bitten kicked and even crushed by horses and I still want to ride and be around them as much as I can.

Don't get much opportunity to ride at the moment but who knows, that may change........the saddles are oiled and waiting ...........

Will chat soon
Si

1 comment:

IHateToast said...

clearly he's not descended from Catherine the Great.

how can you be allergic to horses?!