Thursday, 26 July 2007

Art - some got it...some don't





My Father was a very talented man. He founded surfing in South Africa and built a career for himself doing what he loved most. An aspect of his talent that not everyone knew was his artistic ability. He did leather work, woodcarving, macrame, painting and in his retirement took to hand making knives.

I am not very artistic at all BUT J has fortunately inherited this talent. In fact she is fortunate in that D's dad was a Cabinet Maker by trade and made the most beautiful furniture. So she has "Art Gene's" from both sides. As a tiny girl she started to draw and has never stopped. As the years have passed she has improved and is really starting to produce some good stuff.

I hope for her that she can make a career doing what she loves most....I have manged to do that! I am one of the lucky ones who has manged to make my greatest love- animals - my career. You go girl ... cos you got the goods.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now that I have learnt to post comments - (Sian be very careful) Well done Jade, your art is beautiful, you are indeed a talented girl. It is such a pleasure to read some human news... We have been on the animal kingdom for weeks.. Never mind if you are following in your older sisters footsteps the next step is GRANDCHILDREN....

IHateToast said...

she's really good with eyes. i think there are people who draw really well, but still can't do eyes. wonder if that's because she's used to seeing her mum watch her all the time.