Thursday, 28 June 2007

Why School holidays should be banned - And Parent Holidays made compulsory



School holidays are parental punishment. By the end of the second day of the holidays the siblings have had enough..........A is writing screensavers saying "Touch my computer and die J".......how lovely to see your sweet children behave like this. Parents have to work and if you have young kids you are meant to put them into childcare which often costs more than you earn!

A silly system methinks. Sending them away on any sort of "Holiday Camp" requires taking out a second mortgage on the house. Sooo now that J is nearly 15yrs old, she stays at home with A during the holidays and the two of them annoy each other constantly. The verbal snipes are sharp, witty and cutting. Knowing your sibling's weakness's enables you to wound to the quick.

I have taken some time of to referee the fights. I thing I may need "linesmen" to help me though. Eventually I resort to threats and loud screaming............"THAT'S IT NO MORE COMPUTER AND YOU ARE BANNED FROM WORLD OF WARCRAFT FOR 2 DAYS".

(Note to parents - beware of how long you threaten punishment for- 2 days of whining can wear you down to insanity)

Actually eventhough I "doth protest" about the amount of time my family spend online I must tell you it buys me precious time alone.........I can sneak off and read sometimes or go out for a walk and no one even notices. I do sometimes think I need to go "online" to catch up with my family. J reads my blog so she is up to speed on what I am up to.

I have taken a few days leave to try do some fun things with the girls........

G'Night from freezing unsunny Queensland.........BRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Si

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't get it. why don't you just beat them senseless? oh, they're already being senseless. okay. new idea. walk around nekkid until they behave. kids hate to think of their parents having bodies. tell them it's this or peace. desperate times...