Tuesday, 26 June 2007

There's a new Star in Heaven


Life as I have said is not always easy. When you least expect things they can happen. My beautiful Dube (Bobby) boy has crossed the rainbow bridge today.

Just before the Greytwalk on the 16th Jun I noticed that Dube had a bit of a limp. He went to get out of his doggy bed and slipped on the tiles and whimpered. I watched him and rested him and he seemed to come good. Then on about Tuesday last week he slipped again and cried out, after this he was very sore. I was sick but took him up to a local vet who I know, he kindly examined him and said......it probably warrants an x-ray as its very sore. So we started him on painkillers. Friday I took him to work and he was no better. Increased the dose of painkillers and he did not really improve much. I bought him some non-skid boots to ensure he did not slip on the tiles but he was too sore to even put the foot down.

On sunday evening he was standing in the kitchen contemplating the "Lamb Roast" and he backed up, slipped slightly and just started yelping continuously for a few minutes. I managed to settle him and put blankies on him and keep him comfortable. Today we x-rayed , Dr R warned me before hand that he suspected something sinister. He said the amount of pain he was in was not normal. Unfortunately the diagnosis was clear cut, an Osteosarcoma. Bone Cancer........even with treatment the outcome is pretty inevitable. The pain associated with bone cancer is not fun and very hard to medicate effectively.

I made the sad decision to let him go now, before the pain got any worse. He spent such a short time with us but had crept into our hearts already. I can only take solace in knowing that the last weeks of his life were spent in luxury. Lots of food and treats and sleeping in a warm bedroom with J...............

So run in peace my gentle boy.......

Sorry to have to say goodbye so soon......

Si

6 comments:

thebellagreyhound said...

Dube you will always be remembered as a star...and a gentleman.

Anonymous said...

we're thinking about you.
he'll let all the other greys know about the cool hounds who'll eventually join them in their dog park full of wuffy piles, manky water, and meaty bones. i was glad to meet him.

you know he was happy to go as a queenslander!

Greychicken said...

I am so sorry that you had to join my club.
I like to think that he and Fletch and Ash are all playing together with no pain and watching over us now...

Anonymous said...

Vale Dube....

You had a greyt 3 weeks with Momma Si.

Lots of other greys to keep you company up there...

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

genji said...

We always figure we have more time with our kids. Especially after losing Lucas so suddenly, I realize that every day I get to spend with my kids is a special day.

Sounds like Dube will make many new friends.