Tuesday, 03 July 2007

Huh? Louder??



Hmmm........Well now I have done it. My goal was to find a soft gentle old companion for Karma. I am currently fostering a "Special Needs" greyhound. A very young........not even 2 years old yet white dog ..........he is deaf...........profoundly deaf.

This carries with it a few challenges. I have some time off for the next week and we will attempt to see if this lovable goofy puppy can fit in to our lives. He is adorable but pretty full on. Do not leave him on his own, he howls and barks...........he may not hear it but I think people for miles around can!

Karma is rolling her eyes in despair...........Mom why have you bought a 30kg puppy to jump all over me when I am trying to sleep? Of course when she growls a warning at him.......he can't hear it so he carries on bouncing around like a big clown.

He seems very smart though and I have been reading up on hand signals for deaf dogs. Looks like he will learn fast...........we a have a week to see if the Siamese and Karma can cope. I hope they do.........he is pretty adorable...........

Si

2 comments:

thebellagreyhound said...

I think he is related to Omo...cute with 'issues'!!

IHateToast said...

what is the dog equivalent to "eh?"