Wednesday, 20 June 2007

Grumpy Old Woman



I must be getting old because my grumpy levels rise very quickly with little or no provocation. Look it may be PMT but I think its just me getting cranky. Started the week badly, verrry sore throat...........uh oh..........maybe I am getting the cold that has slain all my friends?

Yup I am right, now have the full snots, blocked ears, headaches etc etc..........Whoopeee! Not only me but poor ol Dube's hindleg does not like the weather we have had, and he is very sore and sorry for himself. He will have to go to work with me and get the "Magic Vet's" to fix him...........or just prescribe some kick-ass painkillers.

It's freezing, I want my money back, I thought Queensland was the Sunshine State? I threw out all my thick coats because it does'nt get cold here..........maybe I am acclimatising now and just get cold when the temp falls below 20 deg.

Anyway, back to whinging, am finding everyone and everything irritating?

Thought I'd do something nice for the dogs. We bought a new bed and so the old queen size bed has been out in the garage. Hmmm maybe Karma and Dube would prefer to sleep on a Queen Size bed rather than their current "Dog Bed's". So spent a whole morning re-arranging the garage, made the bed up with blankies and cuddly stuff. Called the dogs to come and see their new boudoir...............

Greyt excitement, leap up onto bed, burrow under blankies.................mmmm........there seems to be a problem........... Apparently we were not wrong in hating that bed for the 6 years we slept on it! The bloody dogs won't sleep on it either! I must admit that we always complained that it was like sleeping on a concrete slab.............well the dogs have decided that they would actually rather sleep on a concrete floor! So tonite they are snuggled up in the lounge on cushions with about a million blankies...........the bed is going where it should have gone 6 years back............TO THE DUMP.

It's late I am cold, sick, sore and cranky...........better go to bed and feel sorry for myself.........

G'nite
Si

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Harsh! the bed. man... so harsh. and now aren't you sorry you kept it for so long? our guys gutted an old futon we had. the futon outer layer was red, so it looked like someone killed santa.